• Signs are reflective and reflect headlights. This is our most common traffic sign and parking sign material. Most parking lots now require reflective signs; non-reflective signs are not allowed under MUTCD standards.
• Signs carry the 3M warranty for traffic signs - signs are guaranteed to last at least seven years outdoors - although in practice most signs last much longer. Signs are printed with 3M screen printing or 3M outdoor digital inks designed specifically for outdoor traffic and parking signs. Unlike competitive signs, these signs are proven to last outside and use 3M matching ink and film components throughout.
• Municipal-grade signs are used by countless agencies, governments and schools across the US. Sheeting meets the standard DOT specifications for construction of Roads and Bridges on Federal Highway Projects FP-85 for Sheeting Type II, Class 1 or 2 and the GSA LS-300C Class 1 or 2.
• The base material for these signs is a 63 mil thick non-rusting aluminum. Signs have rounded corners - for easy handling and a professional appearance. Competitive signs often use a lower cost (and more hazardous) square corner. Signs have prepunched / precleared holes to insure a hassle-free installation.
• 63 mil thick signs outlast wind and abuse. Once installed, and unlike 40 mil aluminum signs, they are virtually impossible to bend. Note: we use 63 mil aluminum for our 12" x 18" parking signs in that this is thickness specified by virtually every government or city agency for their parking signs. Thicker aluminum is harder to install, more likely to be a hazard for these smaller signs and, given the strength of our 63 mil aluminum, not necessary.
• In a workplace setting, reflective aluminum signs are also used for emergency shut-offs, exits and evacuation marking.