It is hard to overemphasize the importance of 911 address signs. With so much at stake, we believe that it important to offer the best 911 house number signs on the market. Here are five reasons why 1,000 of the most sophisticated customers prefer our signs:
• Single Print. Most competitors use “stick-on” letters or ink jet printing. In time, these stick-on letters peel off and ink jet print will fade. Our factory is the largest supplier of parking and street signs in the US. These are the exact same signs specified by (and sold to) 100’s of cities and counties. Using 3M warrantied materials, our signs last for over 10 years. The quality cannot be beat.
• Heavy Metal. We use 80 mil aluminum – not a flimsy 40 mil used by others. Our signs feature pre-punched & pre-cleared holes. Attachment hardware is not included. Attach the signs with a wood screw or bolt.
• DOT Fonts. We use the official highway fonts for your sign – just like the official MUTCD traffic signs. The fonts have proven legibility.
• 3M Reflectivity in Three Grades. When seconds count, make sure that your address can be found. The enhanced reflective angularity of the High Intensity Grade makes this the best selling 911 sign material.
• Color Choices. Signs are available in five colors, including black. For many, the black background (with silver numbers) is preferred. The flip side to the incredible brilliance of the 3M materials (sometimes you can spot the sign from ¼ mile away) is halation. Halation is the visual effect when reflective numbers tend to blur together. Halation can be a problem for older drivers. Our anti-halation black tends to reduce this effect and still preserves the vital quality of your reflective 911 sign – “target value”. In practice, an emergency vehicle will spot the sign (e.g. using the sign’s target value) well before they need to read the actual numbers. In practice, these are big advantages.